My Blog List

Tuesday 21 August 2012

20 wargames related things

A number of people have been doing this so I thought I would have a go.

Apologies for the odd formatting!
1.     Favourite Wargaming period and why?  Must be Ancients in 25mm.  Always has been
2. Next period, money no object? WW2 all theatres in 28mm.  More practically Sikh Wars in 15m
3. Favourite 5 films? Kellys Heroes The Life of Brian, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Magnificent Seven, The Pink Panther
4. Favourite 5 TV series?  Dr Who, Poldark, Star Trek, Time Team,
5. Favourite book and author? Lord of the Rings
6. Greatest General? Alexander the Great
7. Favourite Wargames rules? Changes all of the time.  Most played WRG 6th edition Ancients –Currently Impetus
8. Favourite Sport and team? Newcastle United / English test cricket team
9. If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?   Nowhere – how would I get back?
10. Last meal on Death Row?  I would ask the chef for his recommendation
11. Fantasy relationship and why? Demelza why not?
12. If your life were a movie, who would play you? Alec Guiness
13. Favourite Comic Superhero? Batman – Adam West incarnation
14. Favourite Military quote? Oddball: Hi, man. Big Joe: What are you doing? Oddball: I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. Big Joe: What's happening? Oddball: Well, the tank's broke and they're trying to fix it. Big Joe: Well, then, why the hell aren't you up there helping them? Oddball: [chuckles] I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work. Big Joe: Christ! Oddball: Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation
15. Historical destination to visit? – Gloster Hill
16. Biggest Wargaming regret? Regrets I’ve had a few but then again...... but I would like to visit Historicon one day
17. Favourite Fantasy job?  Emperor of the World hahahahahahaha
18. Favourite Song Top 5? Too difficult
19. Favourite Wargaming Moment? My next game
20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you? Having to lose my temper and shout to get people who should know better to do what they were supposed to do in the first place.

3 comments:

  1. I love 14, nicely done David......

    ReplyDelete
  2. No 12 - Alec Guiness, any role in particular or just Sir Alec? I kind of like the Ealing comedies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Sir Alec - although I suppose I had George Smiley in mind - no idea why

      Delete