My Blog List

Saturday 3 February 2018

The Affair at Kisii German East Africa 12 9 1914

Another new set of Piquet rules as provided by Tim - Din of Battle.  This was a historical refight of the very early days of WW1 in Africa and a German excusion over the border into British territory.  I took the Germans and  Doug the British with Tim umpiring.


Both sides were largely made up of African forces.  Following elements of the historical account the Germans were drawn up on parade and deemed to be unaware of the approaching British until they spotted them, which in our game took some time. Parade ground formation is far from ideal but the luck that was with me all night was immediately on show as after spotting the next card I drew was deploy which enabled me to very quickly remedy the situation.


The British kept advancing with some casualties on either side.  However my rate of fire was much superior as Doug was having great difficulty drawing a reload card.  AS the British advance continued I deployed my Ruga-Ruga auxiliaries on my left flank.  Once again the cards favoured me as I was able to advance them to close range and rout 2the 2 British units to their front.  This was effectively the end of the game as British morale cracked.


Having read an account of the actual battle it was interesting to note that in that the British got very low on ammo but after a stalemate were able to more or less bluff the Germans into retreating.


The victorious Ruga-Ruga

Games 6
Rules played 6 New 4
Places played 2 New 0



3 comments:

  1. what scale? and where did you find your EA German forces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 28mm. They are Tim's not mine - I will ask him

    ReplyDelete
  3. The figures are Brigade Games

    ReplyDelete