My Blog List

Thursday 10 May 2018

Introductionary game of DBA 3.0


A last minute change of plan resulted in me pulling together a game of DBA at short notice with fellow Falkirk club member Alan.  Fortunately I still had my box of Carthaginians and Spanish together from my games against the 3 Marks the other week so it didn't take too long .

Alan is an ancients novice so in many ways this was a good opportunity to give him a gentle introduction.  I gave him a very quick intro and we then lined the armies up and got going.  I find it better and easier to have a game and point out rules and tactics as we go through rather than give a comprehensive introduction at the start.

I took the Spanish and Alan the Carthaginians.  The two lines advanced a little offset giving opportunities for outflanking on our respective left flanks.  The Spears and Blades just bounced off each other.  Alan did manage to turn my blade line and take out one element but I ended up winning the battle on the flanks for a 4 - 2 victory.

Alan enjoyed the game - he likes quick games and DBA certainly fits that bill.  He has some Perry's plastics and he agreed to sent me a list from which I will fashion a 12 element army.  We can then have a game where he can use his figures


Sorry for the glut of posts but I want to at least post every time I game and I am now up to date.  The next one will be about our club show Carronade on Saturday 12th May in Falkirk

Games 47

 Rules played 19 New 8
Places played 7 New 0
 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh DBA misses, not a favourite of mine but definietly good for a quick club night game.

    ReplyDelete