My Blog List

Sunday 8 April 2018

Full Thrust

No photo I am afraid.  A Falkirk club game with 2 a side (although essentially 2 1 x 1 games as there was very little interaction)


I signed up for this as I had bought a fleet after my last game of about a year ago and wanted to get them on the table.  However they proved rather elusive and are still hiding in one of my boxes somewhere.  Fortunately Andy was able to split his fleet.  I ended up taking him on so Eurasian Solar Union  v Eurasian Solar Union and at rhe other side of the star system it was Doug, also with Eurasian Solar Union against Leigh with Neu Swabian League
Andy and I closed rapidly and basically just slugged it out. He got an early advantage by hitting my two largest ships with a devastating missile attack- my defensive dice were rubbish.  Although I responded with some good shots of my own I never really recovered.  Easy win to Andy.
It was good to play the rules again and when my fleet finally surfaces I will see if I can have another go and do better next time.
















Games 21
 Rules played 15 New 7
Places played 3 New 0
 





1 comment:

  1. If I hadn't been so lucky with those missiles it was really rather even overall, although I think I did have some jammy runs at system threshold/repair checks as well.

    It's still a good game though and i'm up for more.

    ReplyDelete