My Blog List

Thursday 1 March 2012

Hold the Front Page

It is the first of March so an appropriate day for me to dip a brush into a paint pot and apply colour to a figure for the first time this year!  I did say that 600 on the table in 2012 was going to be a bit of a stretch didn't I.

However I do have a cunning plan to make up at least some of the shortfall.  One of my friends (another David) has been painting up a 15mm WSS Dutch army for me.  He had already done 4 x 24 man units of foot and the other day he handed over another three such units, plus artillery and generals - all in all 97 figures.  Much appreciated David, and a good start to this years target.

Once I get into a rhythm I can get up to 10 25mm figures a week painted so now its not so cold up in the attic I hope to make some progress of my own.

I do enjoy seeing the end result when I've done some painting but I would always much rather play than paint.  Anyway I have my first non Falkirk game of the year tomorrow so am looking forward to that.  Watch this space - I must remember to pack the camera.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if getting David to paint stuff for you counts or not. The Dutch do look good though.

    And yeah, remember your camera Dave!

    ReplyDelete