My Blog List

Friday 1 July 2016

Mid Year update


Against my annual target of 100 games I have managed 59 so broadly on track but still pretty challenging as December is usually a write off and I have (non wargaming) holiday weeks to take yet.

What has helped has been a playing much more DBA – Monday saw another 3 games.  It was my regular last Monday in the month DBA/HotT  event but this time we down to just myself and Dave P.  No matter as we had 3 interesting games with me using Romans against his recently acquired Cartheginians.  It ended up 2 -1 to myself – I was a bit reckless with my general in the last game.

Last Saturday I attended the Lakeland Phoenix show event at Penrith.  Not a bad start for a new show – I am sure it has the potential to grow in future years.  I had a quick run through with Beyond the Gates of Atares – think SF Bolt Action.  I don’t think I was in the target audience as we ran through it all in not much more than 10 minutes – I would have appreciated more of a game.  I then played an absolutely excellent Lion Rampant Lord of the Rings game recreating the final scene before the Fellowship went their different ways.  The aim was to get the Hobbits to the boats and thanks to some good rolls I managed to get them all away.  Great fun – well done to Matt who played it through 9 times on the day – I have suggested that he might like to bring a game to Carronade.

Onwards and upwards – just another 41 games to play this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment