My Blog List

Sunday 20 May 2012

Update


A quick round up of my wargaming activity since my last post

5 games of Impetus, including 3 at our Impetus Tournament ‘Antonine’s Folly’  My Parthians did OK, finishing 5th out of 10.  A lot of fun was had by all who took part.

The Renaissance equivalent of Impetus is Baroque (or will be when it’s published) and I have had a couple of ECW games of the free version, Basic Baroque.  Enough to whet my appetite – I will definitely buy the full version when it comes out, hopefully later this year,  

I have also had a game using the Great War rules for the immediate post WWI period with my Freikorps taking on some dastardly Soviet types.  This was very much an trial game, but worked well enough for a first attempt.

Most recently I have had a couple of games of Hail Ceasar, the second being Cimollia II, the next in my plan to refight the battles of the Peloponnesian Wars.  I got absolutely stuffed – the combat results can be (and were) pretty brutal with my entire centre disappearing after the first melee phase.

My only other game was at Carronade, a participation games entitled ‘A Needle in an ocean of Haystacks’ put on by the inimitable Blues Bears (I always want to call them the Blues Brothers for some reason).  My Wellington went out on a patrol over the North Atlantic looking for the proverbial needle in a Haystack and……. saw absolutely no enemy activity whatsoever.  Very realistic but not the most exciting game I am afraid!

Carronade itself was another great event.  I help organise it so don’t get a chance to see as much as I would like, it’s a very busy day.  It is a big commitment to put on a decent sized show for a relatively small club like ours but the result is always worth the effort and this year was no exception.  We had record numbers through the door, lots of entries for the painting competition and the flea market was very well utilised.  Thanks to all the traders and to the clubs who put on some fantastic games. 

As far as the blog goes the plan is to get regular postings going again, hopefully with some photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment