My Blog List

Saturday 6 August 2022

First Post in Over a Year

 Many of you will know that my wife died last September and my interest in maintaining the blog waned.

Two things have really helped me in coping.  One is my dog Beau, who has been an absolute godsend.

The other has been wargaming.  

Beau has made me get out, exercise, and his happy face on a walk or running after a ball has been a real tonic.

Wargaming has kept my brain active and also kept me in contact with my wargaming friends.

I decided to post as after being involved in 3 games of Test of Resolve at the Claymore Wargames Show in Edinburgh today my game count for 2022 passed the 100 mark.

Thanks so much to all my opponents and friends for helping me keep myself sane.

My plan is to post more in the coming weeks








14 comments:

  1. Hi, just a quick line to offer my support. My wife died unexpectedly in March 2021. It was devastating. I had all sorts of issues about keeping going, eating and stuff. You are right, a dog is a godsend as they impose a routine on you. I hope you learn to manage your loss. You gave my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see your return to blogging, David. Will you be recounting your many adventures at Historicon too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Promises - I hope to post more regularly including an element of catch up but as I say - no promises

      Delete
  3. Sorry to read of the circumstances behind your absence from the blogosphere. Over 100 games at just over the halfway point in the year is an impressive total - I was about to say, I would be lucky if I had managed 20 - so instead of guessing, I checked my blog for this year and the current total is 17 including 6 solo games

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to see reports from your galavanting across the pond Dave. Looking forward to help you increase your game count during the remainder of the year now I'm back in circulation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to blog about Historicon but I am also going to Hurricon in Florida later in September so I may post on my general US show experience. Perhaps we could get a game of something in October?

      Delete
  5. Glad you feel like posting again David. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    My pal Lee has just bought your rules and all the supplements, so I guess I'll be playing a few games myself soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. If you need any help with the rules the Facebook group is good for that or you can contact me direct via the blog

      Delete
  6. That is a hard road you've been travelling. Keep on keeping on, and give Beau a pat of thanks from all of us for continuing to help you through.

    Best,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your loss, looking forward to seeing you at CoW net year if you can make it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dreadfully sorry for your loss, can't even imaging how difficult it must be, you seem to have many friends, lean on them mate.

    ReplyDelete