My Blog List

Monday 31 December 2018

How went 2018??



First of all another good year in terms of number of games played, 112 miniatures and 2 board giving a total of 114.
In terms of rule systems I managed a good deal of variety with 38 miniature sets and 2 different board games.
At the club I have been involved in a Middle Earth Battle Companies campaign which whilst not as much fun as the multi player Mordhiem campaigns of the past have still been enjoyable.
Away from the club I enjoyed some good game at Tim’s (with Tim, Doug and Aiden) including most of the Jacobite rebellion battles and the start of a Hannibal campaign.  Another highlight was a trip to the Naval Wargames Society weekend at the Fleet Air Arm Museum which was well worth seeing in itself.


Following on from organising a public participation game at our local Big Roman Week I wrote up the event in an article for Slingshot which was published.
In painting terms I only managed 21 fully painted figures (target 100) but did a lot of tidying up and basing which let me claim 679 completed figures (target 600)  in the year which is a lot better than my normal output.
 
Blogging went very well with a post after every game until August when I developed a bit of a backlog and just about stopped.  

My target of playing in 5 new places to get my lifetime score up to 100 ended up being a disappointing 2, so I am now stuck at 97!
Overall a pretty good year as my main objective is as always was to play lots of enjoyable games with friends old and new and in that I very much succeeded

3 comments:

  1. That's an impressive tally, David, well apart from the new gaming places list, which is absolutely shocking....NOT!! I' sorry I missed your Roman games weekend, that looked good. Happy New Year when it comes and lets get that Lion Rampant game played soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you are available and we will have that game!

      Delete