My Blog List

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Wood Elves v Dwarves - always nasty

I had a game of Advanced Songs of Blades and Heroes at the Falkirk club on Monday.  Richard had worked out a neat scenario where my Wood Elves were attacking a dwarf siege tower in an attempt to destroy it. Any elf in contact with the tower would give it one fire point on a successful activation with 10 being enough to destroy it..  However there was one young dwarf at the top of the tower who also had the possibility of being able to douse the flames.


We took 400 points each.  I indulged in a little long range shooting with my 2 Longbows which drove the dwarves into cover behind their protective earthworks.  I then charged forward.  The real hero was a master duellist.  Richards leader was able to group the 4 other fighters and move them as one and the duellist engaged them for several turns with many deft parries.  Although he fell in the end he had bought time for his fellow elves to close with the tower and start to set it alight.  It was touch and go for a while but eventually the Elves were successful.


Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures but I did remember as we were packing up and took one of Richards excellent siege tower

Games 5
Rules played 5 New 3
Places played 2 New 0




2 comments:

  1. Nice tower Dave, game sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I've got a few suitable figures painted up, you can break me into a new ruleset Dave.

    ReplyDelete