My Blog List

Saturday 27 July 2013

Roman in the Gloamin'

We have another 'Real Public Participation' (I think I may trademark that term) event coming up.  Falkirk Council is running a Big Roman Week from 14th - 22nd of September and we have agreed to put on a game involving the Antonine Wall in some way yet to be decided, although probably involving Basic Impetus.  Gladiators may also be involved.

The date is the 21st September and the venue is Kinneil House in Bo'ness where there is a Roman Museum.  The line of the Antonine Wall passes through the grounds. Re-enactors and craft stalls will be there - it should be another good opportunity to meet the general public and sell the hobby to them.  This is much nearer home than our other Museum ventures so we may even get a new member or two.

The only downside is that the very next day is the 100 days of War 20th Century Wargames event.  I will make both days but I hope it doesn't put anybody off.

No comments:

Post a Comment