My Blog List

Sunday 5 August 2012

Claymore 2012

Claymore is Edinburgh's long established wargames show and I always get over for a couple of hours at least.  I thought the standard of games was excellent this year and there was a substantial trade presence.  There is a good sized bring and buy as well.

Falkirk put on a game based in Latvia in 1919 with the Freikorps taking on the Soviets. The game was designed by David Burns using Triumph and Tragedy rules.  He provided most of the figures although I lent him a few of my Germans.  All figures painted by Marco of Rif Raf Miniatures

Some photos of the Latvia game


Overview of the game with David on the right and Chuck on the left


I really like the Freikprps Cavalry converted by Marco


The Soviets advance


Soviet Sailors and Siberians


My Germans


A Soviet strongpoint


Another view of the cavalry!

My acquisitions were modest.  10 28mm ECW clubmen from Reiver Castings.  An interesting first hand account of the Indonesian Confrontation - 'The Last Conflict The Durham Light Infantry Borneo 1966, A copy of the first edition Ga Pa rules from the bring & buy (£1!) and a pot of red paint for my Warmachine models.

I have slowly been collecting the old Knights Battles for Wargamers series and was gutted when I was Chancellorville being bought on the bring & buy.  Still it shows that there are still copies around.


One company that I will definitely be buying from in the future is 4A miniatures.  I really like their Sci Fi figures .  As soon as I get my Pig Iron figures painted I will be putting in an order.


Both Dux Bellorum and A World Aflame were on sale at Caliver Books.  I have them on pre order from Amazon and decided to wait until they are delivered but they did look good.


No game played which makes 6 in July unlikely but at least another blog entry done.  Now for some painting.....

2 comments:

  1. Nice photo's of the game Dave. 4A miniatures are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Thanks for using our rules. Hope you had fun.
    Cheers
    Björn

    ReplyDelete