My Blog List

Friday 2 March 2018

Hostile Realms Fantasy Wargames Rules



When I went on a buying frenzy of Piquet rules before Christmas the fantasy version was a little bit of a left field pick.  Piquet is very different to any of the Fantasy system that I have played and although Tim, the clubs Piquet guru, will play I don't think his interest will extend to buying any armies.

My plan is to make this another of my many slow burn projects.  If I can get my Elves painted up I should be close to being able to field both High Elf and Wood Elf armies with a smaller Dark Elf force.  In the meantime I will keep an eye out at Bring and Buys for painted and inexpensive reinforcements.  If necessary I can pad the armies out with some allies.  Once done I can hopefully have a couple of games with Tim and take it from there.  

7 comments:

  1. Happy to give them a bash at some point Dave.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the project. I have Hostile Realms scheduled to be played several times this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a large contingent of elves that can be used to bulk up one army for a game sometime as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Maybe I could repurpose some of my WHF Empire army for this? Being Empire, they're mostly human figures however I also have a fair few Dwarves that have never seen action.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lists in the rules have a lot of 'not' armies and there is one that looks very much like an Empire list from my limited knowledge

      Delete
    2. Yes, indeed, one of the many objectives for HR was to people to use their Warhammer (and many other) fantasy armies in a Piquet style game (and one where they would never need to be replaced by the latyesty, priciest updates). I actually know relatively little abuot WH, but the Empire army was itself essentially based upon a sort of idealized Holy Roman Empire force, just as the Kislev(?) were essentially fantasized late Renaissance Poles. Whatever you do, for goodness sake don't take the Ar,y lists in HR as any kind of gospel; they are merely a starting point. Certainly a number of the armies contain some rather unique units and attributes. Please feel free to ask me questions about HR at any time. Most of all... have fun!

      Peter Anderson aka Gonsalvo AT aol DOT com
      https://blundersonthedanube.blogspot.com/

      Delete