My Blog List

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Camera shy Iron Men on Iron Horses Trample their Foes

I forgot my camera again so no pictures

I managed to win a game of Impetus on Monday using Palmyran against Anglo Danish.  I find infantry armies have a tough time against cavalry with these rules.  I put my light cavalry on the flanks where I was able to cause my opponent a fair bit of bother and then smashed my 4 units of Cataphracts into his left.

I was actually quite nervous taking on large units of long spear in shieldwall but the dice gods smiled on me rather than my opponent so victory was mine.

That was my last game at Falkirk for a week or two, although I hope to get a couple of other games in on my travels.  I'm up to 10 games now so a bit behind the pace if I am going to get up to 70 but there is still time to catch up.

1 comment:

  1. I'm miles behind you at only five so far this year. And now that I'm refereeing a campaign, you're likely to leave me in the dust. Good news on the win.

    ReplyDelete